Looking to take your PPC campaign to the next level?
It might be time to look at your impression share and how you can boost it.
But Google Ads’ impression share can be overlooked easily, especially when you’re venturing into the world of PPC for the first time.
So, what is your impression share and why is it important for a successful PPC campaign?
Impression Share Value and Eligibility
Your impression share is the number of impressions you receive divided by the estimated number available to you, based on your current eligibility.
What’s your eligibility? Various factors affect it, including:
- Ad Rank
- Quality Score
- Targeting settings
- Approval Statuses
Why does impression share matter? Because it offers a valuable indication of why certain keywords may struggle to perform as well as you expect.
Alternatively, a high impression share for one or more types (see below) shows you’ve chosen your keywords well.
Exploring the different types of impression share in Google Ads will help you identify problems and take action. And with paid search ads boosting brand awareness by 80 percent, no business can afford to underestimate the value of investing time and effort into their PPC campaign’s performance.
Impression Share Types
Google Ads features the following impression share types:
- Display — impressions generated by ads in Google’s Display Network
- Search — share of impressions achieved via the Search Network
- Search Exact Match — impressions based on exact keyword matches in the Search Network
Search and Display Lost Impression Share data refers to the percentage of impressions you lost out on for budgetary and/or ranking issues.
Essentially, your budget and/or ad rank may be too low to achieve the performance you’re looking for. Studying your impression share data can help you maximize the impact of your keywords and improve the choices you make in the future.
What Can You Do to Improve Your Impression Share?
Here are a few key techniques to improve your impression share:
- Make your ads as good as they can be — The quality of your ads affects your impression share, so look for opportunities to enhance them. Is your text as sharp and engaging as it could be? Do you include sitelinks or click-to-call buttons?
- Consider your location targeting — Look at your ads’ location settings again. Are you displaying your ads to consumers you don’t actually ship to? Refine your location(s) to tighten your ads’ focus and relevance.
- Work on boosting your ad rank — You’ll be unable to grow your impression share if your ad rank is too low, so don’t be afraid to bid a little higher than usual.
Want to work with a team of experienced Orange County digital marketing experts to maximize your PPC campaign? We can help your business make a bigger impact than ever.
Just get in touch now — we’ll give you a FREE marketing analysis and help you achieve your goals.